Drop of Water (DoW)
Position: WASH NUTRITION Project Officer
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Salary: As per the Organization's rate
Posted date: 1 month ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
JOB SUMMARY – PURPOSE
Our organization Drop of Water (DoW) is looking forward to hiring a project officer who will be responsible for the implementation of WASH and Nutrition project activities in Hageremariam and Bursa Woredas.
Implementation of Project Activities
- Support the take the lead in the implementation of project work plans and activity schedules for Community Health in an effective and efficient manner.
- Deliver community-level WASH and Nutrition training, outreaches, awareness creations, and health promotion activities to the targeted communities.
- Assist DoW in setting health care priorities, planning and implementing health promotion, and other programs in water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), and nutrition education.
- Mobilize and communicate with the beneficiary communities and local representatives for possible project implementation and follow-up as per the project schedule.
- Ensure proper documentation for all community health activities and projects and put in place a proper filling system that is easily retrievable in line with policy and guidelines.
- Carry out community activities as assigned by DOW (i.e. outreaches, stakeholder meetings, community dialogue days, grassroots advocacy meetings, review meetings, demand generation efforts, Action days).
- Track all data and activities and ensure data is captured and recorded for all outreaches, WASH and Nutrition activities, meetings with stakeholders or other groups in the community, and all other community health activities.
- Support in the implementation and periodic review of operations plans and budgets for Community Health.
- Support fundraising and resource mobilization initiatives including provision of appropriate data and information needed to develop concept papers and proposals.
- Prepare and submit reports as per schedules.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform any other duties as may be directed by the management from time to time.
- Passion for water, sanitation, and hygiene projects
- Development Project Management skills (Rural development)
- Strong community mobilization skills
- Travel and fieldwork
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a passion for the mission and vision of the organization
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Public Health, Environmental Health, Health Promotion, Development Studies, Social Sciences, or any other related field.
Relevant Work Experience
- At least One (1) year working experience in program work in Water Sanitation and Hygiene and/or Nutrition projects.