Dan Church Aid
Position: Field Officer (Peacebuilding and Livelihood)
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Gambella, Ethiopia
Posted date: 1 month ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
Dan Church Aid (DCA) DCA is a Danish Humanitarian and Development organization working to assist and empower people affected by poverty and disasters to live a life of dignity. In Ethiopia, DCA’s area of works includes humanitarian response, food security, Resilience building of vulnerable community members, and Gender and capacity building of civil society organizations.
Currently, DCA Ethiopia Office is looking for a competent Field Officer (Peacebuilding and Livelihood).
Number Required: 1 (One)
Type of Contract: Until April 30, 2022, with the possibility of an extension
Duty Station: Gambella
Reporting to: FSL project coordinator
Expected Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Salary: According to DCA national staff salary scale
Overall Job purpose:
DCA Ethiopia seeks experienced field officers with previous experience in planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating peacebuilding and social cohesion and livelihood programs with specific relevance to refugee and host community settings. He/she will be responsible for close coordination with the local authorities and consortium members- under the technical supervision of the FSL project coordinator and implement peacebuilding and social cohesion and livelihood activities. The Field Officer is responsible for beneficiary targeting, beneficiary registration, and verification, beneficiary sensitization, mobilization, distribution of inputs to beneficiaries, provision of training to targeted beneficiaries, and daily monitoring of activities. In addition, the officer will be responsible for the effective implementation of peacebuilding and social cohesion activities. The officer will also assist in designing and implementing peacebuilding and social cohesion interventions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Project Planning and implementation
- Provide organized inputs to the planning process and ensure community-level issues and concerns are included in concept notes and proposals.
- Prepare woreda and camp level detailed activity implementation plan.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to irrigation and livestock activities.
- Build capacity of targeted beneficiaries and government stakeholders.
- Design and implement participatory approaches for project implementation.
- Fully responsible for collection and analysis of data/information at woreda and camp level.
- Identify core implementation challenges and take remedial actions as required.
- Ensure proper implementation of improved livestock management practices among project beneficiaries
- Organize youth/ beneficiaries into self-help groups and help the group function properly.
- Ensure timely and proper distribution of project inputs to the target beneficiaries
- Actively take part in context and conflict assessments in refugee camps and host communities
- Contribute to the development of concept notes and proposals for peacebuilding
- Contribute to the development of strategies and approaches to effective implementation of peacebuilding and social cohesion activities
- Prepare detailed work plan for implementation of peace and social cohesion activities of the RISING and Act alliance projects
- Continuously collect and share new updates and developments related to social cohesion and peacebuilding at the regional and local (camp) level
- Is responsible for timely and quality implementation of peace-related activities and attainment of targets
- Secure the coordination and collaboration of relevant stakeholders
- Support in developing and implement guidelines and manuals that will help to enhance social cohesion
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Conduct daily field visits and monitor process and quality compliance with sphere standards.
- Take part in baseline and end-line data collection as required.
- Conduct post-distribution monitoring upon distribution of materials and inputs to project beneficiaries.
- Collect routine monitoring data on the status of the project and share the data with the Project Coordinator.
- Prepare and submit regular monitoring reports to the line manager as per the required timeline and template
- Share monitoring findings and information with the project coordinator
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the line manager.
- Document lessons and best practices.
Representation and coordination
- Duly represent DCA in meeting with beneficiaries and beneficiary representative
- Organize a regular meeting with the community representatives and clarify DCA planned activities with the beneficiaries
- Create and foster the spirit and culture of teamwork within the DCA team and other partners
- Ensure that good relations are maintained with ARRA, all partners, and stakeholders at Camp level and beyond.
- Promote the organization's key values and principles
- Represent DCA at woreda and camp level coordination meetings
- Ensure proper sharing of information to stakeholders
- Seek and solicit support from government and non-government actors for the successful implementation of the project.
Complaint and Feedback
- Assess service gaps, complaints, and feedback from beneficiaries and ensure they are handled properly.
- Ensure complaint handling mechanisms are in place and working properly
- Ensure beneficial complaints are handled safely and confidentially.
- Integrate community feedbacks into the response plans and project activities.
- Make sure that community facilitators are regularly collecting and updating complaints from beneficiaries.
- First degree with Four years of experience or Master with two years of experience in peace and security studies, law, sociology, or the social science
- Has direct experience in peacebuilding and livelihood projects
- Good Knowledge of the refugees and Gambella Context is a plus
- Experience in working with NGOs
- Excellent communication and organization skills, ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with humanitarian principles and Code of Conduct
- Good working experience with key stakeholders of the refugees and host community
- Good report writing skills and computer skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Knowledge of the local language with other requirements is highly advantageous