WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duty Station: Addis Ababa. Adama, Assosa, Awassa, Dessie, Dire Dawa, Gambella, Puignido, Mekelle, Shire, Semera, Jijiga, Gode, Kebridehar, Dollo Ado
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict, and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence, and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas. a’s five-year development agenda, the Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP), through which the Government combats food insecurity.
WFP is recruiting a Business Support Assistant to replenish roasters in its Country Office(COs), Sub Office, and Field Offices. Eligibility to the roster and subsequent eligibility for contracts at the G.4 level will depend on candidates meeting the minimum requirements for the positions, the terms of references of the assignment, and the scores achieved in tests and interviews. The Job holders report to a Head of the Unit or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a range of processes and activities requiring interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders can recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other staff.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
2. Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, to provide timely and accurate service to clients.
3. Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
4. Provide revision and proofreading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
5. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
6. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff to support clients to deliver their work.
7. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate the availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
8. Guide routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
9. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Undergraduate degree (Bachelor's or equivalent) in a relevant area
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
• Knowledge of work routines and methods to complete processes under minimal supervision.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Knowledge of the local language is added advantage.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply