Position: Emergency Coordinator (1168)
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: ****, Ethiopia
Salary: €41,603 - €46,226
Posted date: 2 months ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
About the role: This is a 12month (renewable) new role with unaccompanied terms based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with a salary of Grade 4 €41,603 - €46,226
You will report to the Programme Director in Emergencies and will line manage the Tigray Emergency Response Team and work closely with the Country Director, Area Coordinators, System Director, Logistics Coordinator, Country Financial Controller, Government counterparts, UN, NGOs, Clusters and working groups. Work location will be a split of 60/40 (Addis/Tigray) and may change as the security situation evolves
We would like you to start as soon as possible.
Your purpose: To develop and manage the emergency operations in Tigray and surrounding regions. You will be responsible for all aspects of the emergency response including program implementation, management of partnerships, human resources, finance, logistics, administration, security, and representation.
You will be responsible for:
- Act as Security Focal Point in operational areas.
- Monitor the context and keep PD/CD updated on any changes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the relevant local authorities and key stakeholders.
- Ensure the implementation of the Security Management Plan and propose updates, as required.
- Ensure that security protocols are adhered to by all staff under said jurisdiction.
- Ensure that staff is trained and complies with security procedures and protocols at all times.
Program Implementation and Partnerships
- In close liaison with the Programmes Director (PD), coordinate the planning, quality implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of emergency response program activities within the agreed budgets, time frames, and donor guidelines and requirements.
- Provide support to Concern staff through regular field visits as security and access allow, development and implementation of robust needs assessments, monitoring plans, capacity building, and other identified areas of support.
- Liaise with other NGOs, local authorities, and other relevant stakeholders for effective coordination, cooperation, and communication for mutual understanding and acceptance of the Concern’s mandate, activities and objectives, project progress, and implementation.
- Identify the needs and recommend appropriate adjustments & course corrections to planned interventions.
- Ensure the monitoring and evaluation plans (including remote management) become an integral part of programming and are adequately implemented to measure the impact of program interventions.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and monitoring, and evaluation of programs and ensure program quality adheres to Concern and international standards, particularly the Core Humanitarian Standard and Sphere standards.
- Brief the PD and Senior Management Team on programs and situational context regularly.
- Identify partner organization for project implementation and manage activities of Concern’s partners
Program Design and Development
- Lead the development of project proposals/concept papers and their budgets.
- Identify and respond to opportunities to expand programs/impact.
Finance, Admin and Logistics
- Monitor and manage program expenditure and budgets, ensuring resources are optimally utilized and spending is in line with Concern financial procedures and Donor requirements.
- Manage day-to-day cash management and ensure cash transactions and management are in line with Concern procedures.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of logistics (including transport), administration, and human resources function in line with organizational policy and best practice.
- In conjunction with line management and SMT, oversee and manage longer-term planning within logs, admin, and HR functions.
- Lead and manage assigned staff, contributing to their capacity building and career development.
- Coach all team members to ensure they fully understand outcomes that are expected of them, through Concern’s Performance Development Reviews system (PDR’s).
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner organizations, and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
- Contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in the Concern program
- Guide the Human Resources team to develop, maintain and implement the Human Resources strategy.
- Follow Concern standards and procedures in terms of supervision, recruitment, and evaluation of staff under his/her supervision.
Coordination and Leadership
- Participate proactively and contribute in coordination forums, working group, and cluster meetings in coordination with PD.
- Share information on Concern activities and intervention and promote good relations and collaboration with other actors working in the area.
- Participate in country-level strategic planning initiatives and other duties as determined by line management.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Masters in social sciences or a related discipline, or undergraduate degree
- At least 2 years of overseas experience in the management and coordination of complex emergency interventions.
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Security Management Skills and Experience.
- A proven record of effective project and people management.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
- Experience in report and proposal writing.
- Proven financial management skills.
- Good command of procurement regulations and practice.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Commitment to Concern’s ethos and values.
- Flexible, adaptable, and patient.
- Sound IT skills, including Word and Excel.
- Experience in remote management of humanitarian programs.
- Understanding and experience of application of the Core Humanitarian Standard
- Previous experience of multi-sectoral response.
- Proven to influence and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences, experience working in partnership with Governments would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in Ethiopia
- Ability to train local staff and to motivate and develop the skills of others.
We would also like:
- Familiarity with program, logistics, HR, Finance, and administrative processes.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate.
- Good team player, flexible and capable of working with a multinational country team,
politically and culturally sensitive.
- Ability to cope with stress; work under pressure often to strict deadlines.
- Flexibility, adaptability, sense of humor, and patience.
- Ability to motivate and develop the skills of others.
- Facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.