United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Position: Programme Associate
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Posted date: 1 month ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
Under the overall guidance of the Team Leader – Inclusive Growth and Sustainable Development Unit, the Programme Associate ensures effective delivery of the CO programme by entering and managing data and supporting programme implementation consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Programme Associate can supervise the clerical and support staff of the Programme Unit. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO, RSC and UNDP HQs as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support to the formulation of programme strategies, and implementation of the IGSD Unit Programmes
- Support to the management of the IGSD programme
- Administrative support to the IGSD Team
- Support to the resource mobilization strategy
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Support formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the IGSD programme, adapts processes and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection, analysis and presentation of background information for preparation of CCA, UNDAF, CPD, CPAP, effective application of RBM tools and establishment of management targets (BSC).
- Presentation of background information for the formulation of the country programme, a draft of project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
2. Provides effective support to management of the CO IGSD Unit programmes, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Creation of a project in Atlas, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Provision of guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects.
- Presentation of information for audit of NEX projects supports the implementation of audit
- In collaboration with the Programme Associates attached to the sectoral sub-units compile regular reports (pie charts, graphs, etc.) on programme delivery and resource allocation to facilitate the M&E coordination
3. Provides administrative support to the IGSD Team, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Review of NEX projects Financial Reports; preparation of non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system that ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed; transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for development projects, register of goods receipt in Atlas.
- Making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
- Verification of direct payment requests against the annual work plan and the budget, based on verification checklist.
4. Supports resource mobilization, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile and database, the establishment of contacts with donor counterparts.
- Track and reporting on mobilized resources. Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
5. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks related to Results Management, including support to design, planning and implementation of programme, managing data, reporting.
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of the new system, including new IT-based systems
- Good knowledge of Results Management Guide and Toolkit
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political, Social Sciences or related fields.
- 4 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and the national language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job descriptions, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.