Position: BHA Chief of Party
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Shire, Ethiopia
Posted date: 4 weeks ago
Application Deadline: Submition date is over
Are you looking for a project management career with kingdom impact? Samaritan's Purse is seeking a Chief of Party, Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance in Shire, Ethiopia. Your management experience, technical abilities, and knowledge of Emergency Response Programs will help you excel in this position.
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff, and volunteers who serve around the globe.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Direct and oversee the Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance program within given budgets and project deadlines, ensuring that all program goals are met through proper planning, staffing, and implementation.
- Ensure project activities comply with international and Samaritan’s Purse standards and meet USAID rules and regulations.
- Manage grant budget within approved spending levels, and provides accurate and timely financial reports to donors and appropriate Samaritan’s Purse Ethiopia and International Headquarters staff.
- Establish and maintains effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems in collaboration with the Monitoring & Evaluation team.
- Submit timely, accurate, and professional program reports that meet Samaritan’s Purse and donor requirements.
- Discuss plans and strategies with relevant stakeholders, including government authorities, UN agencies, other humanitarian actors, and Samaritan’s Purse partners to ensure proper understanding and coordination of project objectives.
- Organize and direct the work of program staff, providing supervision, training, and performance appraisals.
Qualifications & Experience
- Master's degree (M.A.) in Disaster Relief, International Development, Social Studies, or other relevant discipline and a minimum of two (2) years of international emergency response experience; or a Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) from a 4-year college or university in Development, Social Studies, or other relevant discipline and a minimum of six (6) years of international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies are required.
- Exhibit character and integrity.
- Ability to work as part of a team and cultivate a strong team spirit.
- General knowledge of Shelter, WASH, Nutrition, and Health program implementation,
- Ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills
- Ability to understand donor and governmental funding requirements
Job Location: Shire, Ethiopia
Language Requirement: Fluency in English
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan (after 1yr)
- 10 paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- 12 vacation days per year
- Annual home leave